Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Post #1

I chose to take the course Addiction in Society because it seemed really interesting and I heard it was a great class to take. I also chose to take it for my major, Occupational Therapy. I expect to work with clients who are experiencing an addiction, especially in my mental health fieldwork rotations. When I do experience these clients, it will be helpful to have background knowledge from this class about how to approach the situation and understand what they are going through.

By the end of this course, I want to know more about the many things people can be addicted to, why they become addicted, and how the process of ending an addiction works. I also would like to learn strategies for helping someone who is addicted and how to understand the situation from their point of view.

1 comment:

  1. I'm appreciative of your interest in the course and the subject of addictions. I think you will find the information we cover to be very useful in understanding the clients you will encounter in your work.

    ReplyDelete